Updates of teams and player

Everything you may want to talk about.
Antworten
papache

Updates of teams and player

Beitrag von papache » Sa 30. Aug 2014, 11:07

Hi,

I recently installed PES 2013 NTSC : as it is a fresh install on my Wii, it comes with the default teams and players as they are on the DVD, without the 2 updates published by konami. Since these updates were available on the WFC, one can no longer apply them.

So I wonder what will happen if I try playing online against a player whose game is up-to-date ? In the WFC times it was not possible, as we were required to apply the updates in order to be allowed to play online.

The same issue would arise with my old up-to-date PES 2013 PAL, if for some reason I had to use another Wii : all the updates would be lost.

datschge

Re: Updates of teams and player

Beitrag von datschge » Sa 30. Aug 2014, 13:38

I just wrote about this over at the developer forum.
The server that offers Download patches currently always reports that the client is up to date, regardless of its actual update state. This is done so since we can't legally host the copyrighted original update files. This works fine for login, but whenever players play against each other both need to be in the same update state.

Your friend, having just started the game, appears as outdated to your Wii and you can't play each other. To resolve the diverging update states he needs to add your update files to his savegame. For this use the homebrew app SaveGame Manager GX to extract the savegame files of PES13, replace his files update_e3 and edit_e3 with your more up to date files and add the changed savegame back to his Wii. Now both your Wii's PES13 savegames should be on the same page an allow a match between them.
I'm currently in the progress of reverse engineering the update files as well as setting up an own update server that will be soon used to send out PES Wii updates on wiimmfi. This will both resolve the above issue as well as make it possible to update all players and squads globally for all players and for use in online matches as well.

papache

Beitrag von papache » Sa 30. Aug 2014, 14:30

So it looks like the two players must have the same updates to be able to play together...

Do you know if it's possible with SaveGame manager to extract the savegame files of the PAL version and inject them into the NTSC version ?

datschge

Beitrag von datschge » Sa 30. Aug 2014, 14:56

If you can give me an NTSC savegame (just the update_* and edit_* files are sufficient) I can look at the files and see if there's any difference between regions. If there's none one can simply rename the files (which you can try out anyway).

KillaKlo

Beitrag von KillaKlo » So 31. Aug 2014, 16:33

It is possible, the savegames are identical.

papache

Beitrag von papache » Mo 1. Sep 2014, 21:09

OK, I will try. Thanks

papache

Beitrag von papache » Mo 8. Sep 2014, 11:50

I could sucessfully update the NTSC version and play onmine with it. I have used the update files "as is" from the PAL version.

papache

Beitrag von papache » Do 18. Sep 2014, 12:29

By the way, I forgot to update you about the updates ;-)

So... it worked ! I could easily update the teams of the NTSC version with the savegame files from the PAL version, and could play online with other NTSC players.

datschge

Beitrag von datschge » Fr 19. Sep 2014, 12:03

FYI at least for PES13 one doesn't need to do that manually anymore as I've finished setting up the update server and rebuilding its update files.

papache

Beitrag von papache » Fr 19. Sep 2014, 12:29

OK :)

Antworten